What are you up to this Sunday, my lovelies? We’re meeting family tonight for dinner but for now, I’ve got a stack of pharmacology papers to grade before Tuesday. So I better get started. In the meantime, in case you’re interested, here are a few fun links from around the web. Have a lovely weekend!
1. Carrie’s best shoe moments in gif. Fun!
2. My good friend and I used to sneak out late at night in Melbourne to grab this dessert from a nearby cafe. We loved it. Have to try this at home now.
3. The Airbnb office in Dublin makes me feel like moving there and applying for a job.
4. Sian shares three of her favourite new business apps. Very helpful indeed.
5. The full lookbook is out. Loads of beautiful pieces. My picks: for partying and for hot summer days.
Oh boy! What a weekend it has been! It’s been absolutely wonderful in every way. I hope you’ve been having the best time possible as well. And that the week will continue to be fabulous. Here a few fun finds just for you. xoxo…
1. An absolutely charming at home vow renewal.
2. I’ve got some buttermilk in my fridge (leftover from making this – you gotta make it. Yummy yummy!) so am planning to attempt this recipe tomorrow for breakfast.
3. Beautiful shoes from Topshop.
4. This was interesting – Unrelated doppelgangers who have found their match.
5. The 50 most scandalous dresses in history. My favourite story is the one about the Portrait of Madame X. Isn’t it simply breathtaking?
Hello lovelies! Are you in the holiday mood already? I’m dreaming about what to wear for all those upcoming parties. I wish I had an excuse to go out and buy new frocks, but alas, I’ve got dresses in the closet that have only been worn once or twice. And I figure if Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge can repeat her dress three times (proof found here), so can I! But… If I had to buy a new dress, which look would I go for?
Naughty or nice? Which would you choose?
(Both dresses from Topshop – here and here)
What a wonderful weekend it’s been so far! First I caught up with a friend from Singapore over coffee then spent hours talking to Michelle and Su Yi while enjoying brunch in The Good Batch. The food was good; the company even better. Isn’t this what weekends are made for? How’s yours been coming along? I hope you’re having a great time too and here are a couple of fun reads for you…
1. I want to go to Bangkok just so I can stay here. The photos are almost unbelievably beautiful.
2. Want to know the 14 things successful people do on weekends? I’m happy to report (and a little relieved) that I tick almost all.
3. Watched Gravity a few days ago and now, I feel like trying my hand at galaxy nails. It’s easy.
4. Don’t want to go to lengths to create a cool halloween costume? Just get this dress from Topshop and you’re done.
5. This ‘love’ sign would be perfect for a wedding. Later, hang it in the living room or over your bed as a reminder of that wonderful day.
Hello lovelies, happy Sunday! Isn’t it a most gorgeous Sunday morning? Jon and I have just had a leisurely breakfast (English pancakes with honey and homemade marmalade jam and the strongest coffee). Soon, we’re off to an art gallery. What could be more fun? As always, here are some goodies from around the blogosphere. Hope you have a rocking Sunday!
1. With the really hot days we’ve been experiencing, I think this toasted coconut and pecan ice cream would be the perfect thing to make.
2. This is such a good idea: A camp just for adults and children with autism. How life changing!
3. Planning a fancy dinner party or a wedding? Wow your guests with these DIY floral napkin rings. So easy to make.
4. And speaking of rings, these minimalist, delicate gold rings would go with everything. I want!
5. I’m going on a holiday in September and am so tempted to get a new swimsuit. This one, to be exact. Doesn’t it remind you of something the girls on Mad Men would wear? Love.
The queen of accessories turned heads as she strutted along at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City a few days ago. This had to do with her tribal beaded collar neck-piece with dangling silver chains. What do you think of this bold statement? I usually stick to dainty jewelry thinking that anything larger or chunky will overpower me. But Olivia Palermo pulls it off with such ease and class that I’m beginning to rethink my stand on this matter. Here are a couple of statement pieces I’m loving right now…
1. Monochrome Cord Collar 2. Four Hex Necklace 3. Annoushka Statement Necklace 4. Mixed Chain Drape Collar 5. Pistachio Twisted Chain Necklace 6. Neon Piano Collar Necklace 7. Sophia Chain Wrapped Necklace 8. Gold Cord & Chain Link Necklace 9. Antonia Necklace 10. Natalie Statement Necklace 11. Safari Stone Collar 12. Premium Green Rhinestone Collar
While in Chiang Mai, a little over 5 years ago, I went crazy buying maxi skirts. There were inexpensive cotton ones from markets and luxurious, colourful chiffon skirts from boutiques which lined the streets. Sadly, these skirts are now looking worn-out, a little frayed at the edges and basically, unfit for use anymore. But I’m still in love with this trend.
What do you think, my lovelies?
Aren’t these ladylike skirts beautiful? Would you wear a maxi skirt? You could pair it with a crisp white cotton shirt or a tank top on those hot, humid days. Accessorize with a multitude of bangles or an eye-catching necklace and you’re good to go.
If you’re loving it as much as I, Topshop and Dorothy Perkins have a few maxi skirts you’re sure to fancy.
(Images from Pinterest)
If you’re petite like me, shopping can sometimes be a little frustrating as sizes run on the larger side – pants are always too long, dresses need to be hemmed, blouses are too loose. Luckily more and more places are catering to those below 5′ 3″. For example, Topshop and Dorothy Perkins now have lines tailored just for us. But isn’t this too limited?
Happily, I’ve realized outlets like Zara and Massimo Dutti carry great kids’ lines. Don’t expect to see cartoon characters and princess pink galore here.
Above are some of my favourite picks from Zara and Massimo Dutti. One of the best perks of shopping at the kids section is that prices are often lower than the adult options.
Next time you’re at the mall, check it out!
A few days ago, Taylor Swift performed with Tim McGraw at the 2013 Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas. Apart from rocking her song, Taylor took center stage in a sexy LBD. I’ve always loved her looks and this one is no exception – that bodcon dress with mesh inserts at the sides and an eye-catching open back would have certainly stunned. Since her dress, by Elizabeth and James, is way over my budget, I’ve found an alternative. Yay! This dress, by Topshop, also features interesting mesh inserts and a low back. Pair it with strappy heels and red lips aka Taylor Swift.
Elizabeth and James ‘Roxy’ Dress – Ssense (ships to Malaysia)
Topshop Wave Mesh Midi Bodycon Dress – Topshop