As it turns out, besides decking our home in tinsel and baubles and planning parties and picking out fancy dresses to wear to these parties, one of the best parts about Christmas is curling up in front of the telly to watch a good Christmas movie. There’s nothing quite like it to get you in the festive spirit. Below are just 10 of my favourite films (it was so hard narrowing down the list!).
1. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993). An absolute Christmas classic.
3. The Holiday Inn (1942) is an oldie but definitely a goodie. After all, with a cast that includes Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire, how could it go wrong?
4. I told you – I love Jim Carrey. Plus, the animation is wonderful. Go watch A Christmas Carol (2009).
5. Home Alone (1990). Macaulay Culkin. Need I say more?
6. There’s nothing quite like a beautiful love story around Christmas time and The Holiday (2006) just nails it!
7. The Family Stone (2005). Forgive me for I think Sarah Jessica Parker can do no wrong.
9. I bet there’s not a soul who hasn’t already watched Love Actually (2003) but it’s so good that I could watch it again and again.
10. I watched While You Were Sleeping (1995) with my grandma many years ago. It’s got a special place in my heart just because of that.