Ladies, I have finally found the holy grail of makeup removers! I can’t wait to share with you all about this wonderful product. Although Bioderma has been in the market for many years, it has not reached our shores in Malaysia just yet. But! I was lucky enough to have visited Singapore and purchased a few bottles.
Bioderma Sensibio H2O claims to be:-
- At the cutting edge of innovation. Bioderma has pioneered micellar solutions. Specially formulated for sensitive, normal to dry skins, the Sensibio H2O micelle solution gently cleanses the face and eyes. It removes water-resistant make-up.
- The formula cleans while maintaining skin’s balance (soap-free, physiological pH).
- Soothing and decongesting active ingredients prevent the feelings of irritation often caused by cleansing.
- Sensibio H2O guarantees excellent cutaneous and ocular tolerance (tested under ophthalmological supervision).
So, does it live up to its hype?
- Soak a cotton pad with Sensibio H2O and cleanse the face and eyes and/or remove any make-up. Repeat the application until the cotton pad remains clean. (I normally use up to 3 cotton pads depending on how heavy my make-up was that day).
- That’s it! There is no need to rinse your face after using Sensibio H2O, but it is essential to dry your skin by dabbing with a clean towel. Having said that, I still feel I need to cleanse with a cleanser to have a truly clean face – but that’s just probably me being paranoid.
- Sensibio H2O can be used daily – morning and evening.
- Affordable, depending on where you purchase it from. I bought mine from Watson Singapore for SGD $39.90 for 500ml bottle, or you can purchase it online from SASA or Escentual for £14.50 for 500ml. Most pharmacies in Australia sells it at AUD 29.95 for a 250ml bottle.
- Removes make up effortlessly without irritating the skin.
- Scent and colour-free. Plus it cleanses while cooling your skin.
- Gentle enough for everyday use.
- Great for all skin types (even sensitive skins).
- Great as an everyday toner as well.
- Fragrance and alcohol-free.
- No phenoxyethanol (which is known to be toxic).
- Not available in Malaysia at time of writing (Nov 2013).
- Does not effectively remove waterproof mascara.
I love this product! I used to remove my makeup with an oil based makeup remover then double cleanse with a cream based followed by a foam based cleanser. Having done all that, there were still traces of makeup on my skin. With Sensibio H2O, I end up using more cotton pads but definitely save on the cleansers!
Sensibio H2O is effective in removing eye makeup and doesn’t sting the eyes. However, I find that it does a less than efficient job in removing waterproof mascara. For this, I will use an oil based eye makeup remover.
After removing my makeup with Sensibio H2O, my skin feels and looks much better. I really hope that pharmacies in Malaysia start stocking up this product so that the ladies here can share the same joy as I do with this cleanser. I will definitely repurchase this product.