Everyone needs a go-to, failproof dessert recipe. And I happen to have one right here. These brownies are dense and chewy. With just a hint of sea salt to bring out all that chocolate goodness. Added bonus – you only need to wash up one bowl. If all this doesn’t get you rushing to the kitchen this very instant, god knows what will.
Salted Fudge Brownies (Adapted slightly from Bake or Break)
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 170 g unsalted butter
- 57g unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 50g unsweetened cocoa
- 1 – 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 – 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, letting
the excess hang over the edges. Butter the foil.
- Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave.
- One at a time, whisk in cocoa, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and flour. Finally, add the milk.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and smooth the top of the batter..
- Sprinkle the sea salt over the top of the batter and use a butter knife to swirl the sea salt into the batter.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, until the edges are set and the center is a bit soft. A knife inserted in the center should come out with a little batter still coating it.
- Cool at room temperature for an hour. Then, cool further in refrigerator for an hour or until firm. (I know it’ll be almost impossible to resist digging in now but trust me, cutting the brownies while it’s still hot will result in crumbly pieces – not good!).
- Remove from pan and foil. Serve at room temperature.
Now tell me, wasn’t this treat worth it?